Cluster admin can enable Google Drive attachment on cluster settings. Once enabled, tenant admin can attach Google Drive as cloud storage in Storage Manager.
Notice: to enable Google Drive attachment, the Centrestack instance needs to be accessible on public network. And the external URL is defined correctly.
1. Create an OAuth Client ID in your own Google Drive account
- Login Google Developers Console at https://console.developers.google.com
- Create a new project
- In the project, enable Google Drive API
- Go to Credentials on the new project. Visit 'OAuth consent screen' and configure. Save the change.
- Go to Credentials. Select 'Create credentials' and choose 'OAuth client 1.0'
- Create a 'Web application'. In the Authorized redirect URIs, login web portal as cluster admin. Go to Cluster Settings, Storage Manager, edit the settings here and copy the "Redirect URL" under "Google Drive" action. This is the 'Authorized redirect URIs' here.
- Click 'Create', to create the new client ID. Once it is created, it will show the client ID and Client Secrets. Copy them down.
2. Enable Google Drive attachment on Centrestack
- Login cluster manager as cluster admin. Go to Cluster Settings, Storage Manager.
- Click Edit and enable 'Google Drive'
- Paste the client ID and client secret here. Save.
- Now when tenant admin attach cloud storage, they'll see the 'Google Drive' option.