This article contains outdated information. For CentreStack versions 9.5.5409.41172 and later, please refer to these articles instead:
The Centrestack database information is stored as registries on the server.
To move the database to a new server, after the move, need to update the registries. We provide a tool to update.
- Go to Centrestack installation folder. By default, it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Gladinet Cloud Enterprise
- run ChangeDBSettings.exe here, as administrator
- Type in the information to connect to the new database server. Click 'Test Connection'. Make sure the connection is verified. Click 'OK' to save the change to the registries
- Restart IIS (iisreset from command line, as administrator) and Gladinet Cloud Monitoring service
- Now Centrestack should start to use the new database. To verify, create a new user. Check the new user is created under table [xaf_user] on the new server
- If you have multiple worker nodes, need to run the process on all worker nodes.