To integrate OneDrive for Business with CentreStack an application registration must be created in Azure AD. The same application registration may be used for both SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business Access because OneDrive for Business is hosted on SharePoint Online. To create the application registration in Azure AD, follow the CentreStack Integration with SharePoint Online document.
CentreStack supports two scenarios for connecting to OneDrive for Business. We call these scenarios "Shared" and "Personal":
- In the "Shared" scenario, a single user's OneDrive for Business "My Site" is shared as a CentreStack Team Folder to other CentreStack collaborators.
- In the "Personal" scenario, each individual CentreStack may connect to their own OneDrive for Business "My Site".
Storage Manager Configuration
For either scenario, the cluster administrator must first enable OneDrive for Business in the CentreStack Storage Manager:
- Ensure that the Azure AD app registration was configured for SharePoint Online as described in the CentreStack Integration with SharePoint Online
- Sign into CentreStack as the CentreStack cluster administrator
- From the Dashboard click on Cluster Control Panel
- Click on Storage Manager
- Click Edit
- Scroll down to OneDrive for Business and enable the option.
- Copy and paste the Client ID, Client Secret and Callback URL from the Sharepoint Online configuration:
- Click Apply
"Personal" Scenario Configuration
- Sign into CentreStack as a tenant administrator. By default, users are not allowed to connect to external cloud storage.
- From the Tenant Dashboard click the GROUP POLICY button.
- Expand Folder & Storage, the click Folder and Storage:
- Enable the Allow users to attach external cloud storage option:
- Click the Save icon in the lower right.
- Sign into CentreStack as any user. If you are signed in as tenant admin or cluster admin, make sure the link at the upper right displays MANAGE TEAM CLOUD
This indicates you are currently managing your personal folders not team folders. If the link on the upper right reads RETURN TO MY CLOUD, click it so that you are targeting your own personal folders.
- Click on File Browser at the top of the screen. The Places pane should be displayed.
- Click on the Show/Hide Info Panel for file/folder button in the bottom right corner of the pane:
- Click Sharing and Collaboration from the info panel then click Attach Cloud Storage:
- Expand Cloud Storage then locate the Microsoft OneDrive for Business button (you'll probably want to hover over icons until you locate it):
- The folder name is arbitrary, but the user will probably want to use OneDrive for Business then click the Next button:
- Click Get Authorization Code:
- If SharePoint Online was already approved by this tenant administrator then the application won't require approval, else you'll need to approve the app, click Accept if the approval screen is displayed:
- Click Finish
"Shared" Scenario Configuration
The configuration of the "Shared" scenario is virtually identical to the "personal" scenario but a Team Folder for OneDrive for Business will be created as the tenant admin and will point to a single user's OneDrive for Business. Screen shots have been omitted from these steps are they are virtually identical to the previous section.
- Sign into CentreStack as a tenant admin.
- In the File Browser click MANAGE TEAM CLOUD if it is displayed in the upper right. If RETURN TO MY CLOUD is displayed, then you are already in Team management mode.
- Click on the Show/Hide Info Panel for file/folder button in the bottom right corner of the pane.
- Click Sharing and Collaboration from the info panel then click Attach Cloud Storage
- Expand Cloud Storage then locate the Microsoft OneDrive for Business
- For the Folder Name, you may or may not want to indicate the user's OneDrive for Business that is being shared as at Team Folder:
- Click Next
- Click Get Authorization Code
- Click Finish
- Because this is a Team Folder, click Add Collaborators and add users that are allowed to access this user's OneDrive for Business folder:
- Select users then click Done: