For build 12.12.570.53288 and later. For previous builds, check the article here.
Sometimes admin needs to move the default storage location for a tenant. Cluster admin can create a storage migration task, to migrate the backend storage to a new location.
Before the migration
Make sure there are no running tasks on any devices with users in the tenant, during the migration. You can disable the tenant, to block any access on the tenant. Once disabled, no user can login and access data on the tenant.
To disable the tenant, as cluster admin, go to Tenant Manager. View the tenant is list detail view and uncheck 'Active' flag.
After the migration is done, check 'Active' to enable the tenant.
Migrate data to the new location:
- As Cluster Admin, edit the tenant
- On Dashboard, click Storage
- Under Folder & Storage, click the drop down menu on top right corner for Backend Storage and select 'Migrate to new storage'
- Follow the wizard to configure the new target backend storage for the tenant.
- In the migration summary, verify the current and new storage
- Migrate data: When checked, the migration task will copy the data to the new location
- Mount current home storage as root folder: When checked, after migration, the current home storage (old storage) will be converted to an attached cloud storage, for the tenant admin. Tenant admin can still access the old data, just in case. By default, the storage is attached as 'Old Default Storage'. Can choose a different name
- Change Data at rest encryption Setting: Cluster admin can choose to change the Data at rest encryption (DARE) settings. Without change, it will remain the old DARE configuration for the tenant. Can choose to disable DARE, or setup DARE with a new password
- Click Continue to create the migration task and start run.
After the migration
- If you disabled the Tenant, enable the Tenant now.
- Login to the web portal, upload a test file. Verify the file is uploaded to the new location.
Please sign in to leave a comment.