Did you know that you can scan from your scanner or scanning software to the cloud using CentreStack? When configured, you can scan from your Scanner / MFC to CentreStack by cloud-attaching a local folder on a PC running the Cloud Windows Client. This allows scans to be automatically synced to the cloud. Publishing the local folder as a Windows SMB share also allows for network attached Scanner / MFCs to scan and save directly to the SMB share via the LAN.
- A PC running the latest CentreStack Windows Client
- CentreStack Cluster or Tenant Admin level account privileges
- Scanner and/or Scanning Software
Sign in to your CentreStack Tenant as a Tenant Admin and create a new Team Folder. This will be the Team Folder where configured users will go to in the cloud to work with the scanned documents.
Create a new Team Folder (You can name it the way you like)
- Add Collaborators to the Team Folder and save your changes. (These will be the users and/or groups who will be able to see and interact with the Team Folder)
If your Scanner / MFC is directly attached to your computer [Windows PC]
On the Windows PC that has the CentreStack Client installed create a new folder. The local folder you are creating will store the saved output from the scanner. We will then attach the folder to the cloud so that the folder contents are automatically synced and made available to users on-demand.
- Create a folder on the local PC (i.e D:\Scans)
- Launch the Windows Client settings manager by right-clicking on the Systray Icon and clicking on the 'Gear' icon.
- Attach a local folder to the cloud by navigating to the "Attached Folders" tab and provide a friendly name for the attached folder as well as the path on local disk where the folder being attached is located and attach the folder.
You have now attached the local folder "D:\Scans" to the cloud. You can now save your scans directly to your local drive "D:\Scans" and those contents will be automatically made available to collaborators of the 'Scans' Team Folder in the cloud as well.
If your Scanner / MFC is Network Attached [Windows PC]
If you will be scanning from a Network Attached Scanner or MFC you will need to follow the same steps as above but you will also need to create a Windows SMB share from the local "D:\Scans" folder. Creating an SMB share will allow you to scan from the local network to the cloud attached folder.