The latest web installer for server agent no longer supports windows server 2008 / 2008 R2. It still runs on the server. However, nothing is installed.
Admin can follow the procedure here to install server agent on the old OS.
- install .net framework 4.8 on the machine.
- download old msi installer via link:
https://<FQDN for Centrestack server>/portal/Pkgs/CloudServer/CloudServerAgent_x64.msi
Keep in mind we no longer maintain the msi package. However, on windows 2008 / 2008 R2, that's the only installer can be used.
- Please install the msi package. At the end of the installation, it will prompt you to reboot. Do not reboot yet.
- Download the zip file here:
https://<FQDN to Centrestack server>/portal/Pkgs/windowspkg.zip
- Unzip it. Copy all the files under windowspkg folder to the Server Agent installation folder. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Cloud Server Agent)
- Now reboot.
- After reboot, open server agent management console and login