For windows client/server agent 12.12.570.53288 and newer, check the article here.
From Windows Client/Server Agent, a user can attach a local folder. Once attached, a cloud folder is created, which should be in full sync with the local folder.
User can also link a cloud folder with a local folder. The folder will show as 'Linked' under Attached Folders.
Both Attached and Linked will sync the local folder with cloud.
However, after some time, a user might feel the local and cloud folder are out of sync.
In this case, please open the web portal Windows Client/Server Agent Management Console. Go to Task Manager and verify System Sync Task and System Sync Down task don't hit any error. If either task hits an error, need to solve them first.
If both tasks are fine (pending), can sync and scan the attached folder:
- To review elements not synchronized, click 'Show items not synced'
- Here, click Scan. It will scan the local source folder and the cloud folder.
- At the end, it will show the discrepancy report. If any file is missing either on local or from the cloud, you can fix it. (List view will show more detailed information)
The scan is done via the IIS Application pool 'management', on Centrestack server. The results are stored in the pool too. When the local folder is too big, the scan may take a long time. If the management pool auto recycles in the middle, the running scan task will disappear. Or the scan result will be gone. To prevent that, update management pool settings so it will not auto recycle frequently.
- On Centrestack server, open IIS Manager
- Go to Application Pools
- Right click 'management' and select 'Advanced Settings'
- Under Recycling, change Regular Time Interval to 7200, which is 5 days.
- Click OK to save it.
- Now, the scan can take up to 5 days. For large scan tasks, suggest admin to right click 'management' pool and select Recycle, to recycle the pool before the scan. This way, the scan can take up to 5 days to run.