Note: Please test the steps below first before committing a large data-set.
1. Pause 'System Sync Task' and 'System Sync Down Task' on the machine that has local data. Also ensure no task is running or pending.
2. Attach the big local folder. Wait for the initial scan to complete. Please open native windows client management console (see procedure here). Go to Task Manager, System Activities tab. It shows the scan status.
3. Shutdown Server Agent (or Windows Client if using Gladinet Windows Client). Delete files in C:\Users\<your windows login>\AppData\Local\gteamclient\<your login email>\scheduler (windows client) or c:\ProgramData\gteamclient\<admin email>\scheduler (server agent). This will prevent local folder from sending files to the cloud.
4. On a machine with fast connection to the Centrestack server, install windows client.
5. Copy the data from the original server to the machine. Can copy the data to USB drive and connect the USB drive to the windows client machine.
6. Drag&drop to upload the data to the cloud folder.
7. After the upload is done on windows client, reboot original machine
8. In native windows client/server agent management console, go to Task Manager, System Activities. Wait for scan to finish.
9. Delete 'System Sync Down Task' and resume 'System Sync Task'