During the CentreStack server installation, there may be several reasons for installation to fail.
The most common reason is that it is not a clean machine. CentreStack server uses a SQL/SQLExpress and also uses the "Default web site" in IIS server. When in a non-clean machine, the existing SQL may be a problem unless you choose not to install the SQL but to use existing SQL, for example.
1. Obtain Detailed Trace
Installer will generate DebugView trace. Please follow DebugView setup to obtain DebugView trace.
2. Obtain log.
In the %temp%/log folder, there shall be a text file relates to the date when installation happens.
3. Common failure reason
- SQL already exist. For example, SQL 2008 already exist and CentreStack tries to install SQL 2012 Express.
- SQL database already exist. For example, you install it once, and then install again, which the previous SQL database file was left around so can't be created again.
- the SQL user account used doesn't have enough permission to create database and create database schema
- IIS server not ready. This most often happens at second install, the IIS's default web site may need to be manually reset to location at c:\Inetpub\wwwroot
- Not installing on server machine, such as Windows 2012, 2016 or 2008 R2. A lot of failure reported are users trying to install CentreStack server on Windows 10, Windows 7 kind of machines.