When Windows Client or Server Agent is slow, use WinDbg to catch thread info:
- Download and install WinDbg (https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=536682); during the installation, select the 'Debugging Tools for Windows' checkbox only. You can also download an old build from http://wcbuild.gladinet.com/releases/windbg/X86-Debuggers-And-Tools-x86_en-us.msi.
- Start WinDbg:
- for windows client, start windbg as regular user
- for server agent, start windows client as Administrator
- Contact Support (email@example.com) with the Desktop Client version to send you the Symbol files corresponding to the Client installed.
- Create a local folder C:\symbols, to store the symbol files downloaded from Microsoft (symbols from the Client can also be saved on this folder).
- From th WindDbg go to 'File' -> 'Symbol File Path', set symbol path to 'srv*C:\symbols*https://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;C:\symbols\pdb1234' (the last part corresponds to the folder the Client's Symbols are saved)
- Windows Client:
In WinDbg, go to File, Open Executable. Go to the windows client installation folder and select 'CoDesktopClient.exe'. Type '/child' as Arguments. Click 'Open', to launch the windows client in WinDbg.
- Server Agent:
In WinDbg, press F6, select the process 'GladGroupSvc.exe' and click 'OK'. It will attach WinDbg to the process.
- Type 'g' to continue. The command line field will show '*BUSY* Debuggee is running…'.
- Run the operation which causes the application to be slow.
- When the system is slow, go to Windbg and select 'Debug' -> 'Break', to break in.
- If you are running 64-bit Windbg, run '!wow64exts.sw' first
- Type 'kb' then '~*kb' and then '!analyze -v' to get thread info. Save the output.
- Type '.dump /ma c:\temp\crash.dmp', to create dump. The dump file will be created under c:\temp. If the folder doesn't exist, please change the path. Zip the dump file and keep it, in case we need to retrieve more info from the dump.
- Click 'Debug' -> 'Detach Debuggee', to detach WinDbg.
- Send the saved output to Gladinet support.