Trace from Windows Client/Server Agent is very helpful to work on issues. Gladinet uses Microsoft DebugView to collect traces.
- Download DebugView and unzip it http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx
- Enable the trace following the instruction here (https://support.centrestack.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003964467-How-to-enable-traces-in-windows-client-server-agent-). It is very important before reproducing the issue and collect the information
- Close other programs like the console that you are not using, if possible, to avoid extra traces.
- Start dbgview with right-click 'Run as administrator'.
- Under Capture, check 'Capture Win32' and 'Capture Global Win32'
- Under File, select 'Log to File', to write the trace to file
- Under Edit, select 'Clear Display'. It will clear the display on dbgview.
- Run the operation which hit the issue, if possible take screenshot of the steps or errors displayed.
- Once you can reproduce the issue, stop dbgview.
- Send the collected information to Gladinet Support, for a better analysis, is suggested send:
- The log file generated by the dbgview.
- File/folder name which hit the issue, error message (if applicable), list of failed tasks or out of sync elements (if is this the issue).
- Audit Trace file. (https://gladinet.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/235742687-Collect-Audit-Trace)
Please sign in to leave a comment.