After upgrade Centrestack, admin can publish new windows client/server agent, for auto update. Here is the instruction. Once published, old windows client/server agent can get the notification and update itself automatically.
Please notice for auto upgrade, the version number under Windows Programs and Features list remains the same. To verify the upgrade, please open the Windows Client/Server Agent Management Console, go to Device Info, to check the version number.
However, sometimes a machine may got stuck and doesn't auto update.
- Verify the cluster external URL is defined correctly. If the external URL is not correct, the auto upgrade will not work.
- If the tenant itself has defined Customized URL in tenant branding, verify the customized URL works too
- On the windows client/server agent machine, please shut down windows client/server agent service and restart service 'GladFileMonSvc'.
- restart windows client/server agent service. Wait for 5 to 10 minutes. Open the management console and check the version.
- If the client is still not upgrade, open Registry Editor and check the following key:
Under the key, check CurrentVersion. Does the value match your windows client version?
- Please help us to collect dbgview trace when windows client/server agent service starts.
. enable trace level in registry. See the instruction here.
. shut down windows client/server agent service. And 'GladFileMonSvc' service
. setup dbgview and log to file, as described in the instruction here.
. start GladFileMonSvc service first. Then start windows client/server agent service
. after the drive is mounted, stop dbgview.
- Please send us
. Your Centrestack version
. The current windows client version (old client)
. the exported registry for AutoUpdate
. the dbgview trace collected